Immediately after treatment
- Skin will appear pink/red, as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn, and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual.
- Slight swelling may be present, this is normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours.
- Wash with lukewarm water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Apply the SkinPen® Lift HG gel provided for moisture over the next 24 hours.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment. This includes Motrin, Advil, Aleve, etc.
- It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A physical sunscreen is highly recommended.
Days 1-6 Post Treatment
- Bruising, pinpoint bleeding, minor scabbing, minor breakouts, swelling and/or redness may occur and will resolve within 7-10 days of treatment.
- Do not pick, peel, rub, scrub or irritate your skin in any way while it is healing, as this may cause scarring.
- Avoid use of any products containing retinols/retinoids, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs, and sweaty activity; this includes exercise of any kind.
- Do not use any electric or manual facial brush of any kind (i.e. Clarisonic, Foreo).
- Make-up may be worn, however, we recommend leaving skin clean for this time period if possible.