Cryotherapy involves using liquid nitrogen to freeze and destroy abnormal skin tissue including, but not limited to, warts, skin tags, seborrheic keratosis, actinic keratosis, and other benign or pre-cancerous growths.
What to Expect
- The area that was treated will become red and swollen.
- You may experience a burning sensation that can last up to 24 hours post treatment. The discomfort may be relieved with Tylenol, Advil, or a similar over-the-counter pain medication.
- Within 24 to 48 hours a blister may form. Do not try to remove the blister yourself, this could leave you open to the possibility of infection. Allow the blister to resolve on it’s own.
- Clean the area treated with soap and water as you normally would.
- Call the office if any signs of infection occur, such as redness, swelling, warmth, increased pain, or a yellow/green discharge.